- Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Discrimination and Harassment Policy
- How to avoid Sexual Harassment?
- OEO Information Advisors
- Discrimination and Harassment Training
- Non-discrimination and Affirmative Action Statement
- Non-Discrimination Statement for Printed Materials
- Disability Accommodation Information
- Religious Accommodation Information
- Title IX
- Sexual Misconduct & Sexual Assault Involving Students
- How to File a Complaint
- Non-discrimination Statement for Printed Materials
- Employment Search Resources
- University Equal Opportunity Bulletin
- Contact Us
Disability Accommodation Information
Individuals with physical or mental impairments who are otherwise qualified to perform their work or pursue their studies may request reasonable accommodations to enable them to work or continue their studies. The Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, and Iowa's Civil Rights Act enables covered individuals to receive accommodations so long as the accommodations are reasonable and do not cause an undue hardship or fundamentally alter an academic program. An individual's specific request for accommodation may not necessarily be granted if there are other effective means of achieving the same result. Individuals must communicate with university personnel to regarding reasonable, effective accommodations. Documentation may be required to substantiate the need for an accommodation.
For students, you must contact Student Disability Resources at the Academic Success Center to initiate the accommodation process.
Inquiries regarding ergonomics may be directed to Environmental Health and Safety.
Complaints regarding a disability accommodation can be filed with the Office of Equal Opportunity.
3350 Beardshear Hall