- Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Title IX
- Sexual Misconduct & Sexual Assault Involving Students
- How to File a Complaint
- Non-discrimination Statement for Printed Materials
- Employment Search Resources
- OEO Outlook
- Contact Us
How to File a Complaint
Iowa State University's primary goal is to prevent discrimination and harassment and stop such behavior if it occurs. To that end, Iowa State University has adopted informal and formal processes through which discrimination and harassment complaints can be resolved.
Iowa State University takes all claims of discrimination and harassment seriously. If you feel that you have been discriminated or harassed based on race, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity by one of the following methods:
Where to File a Complaint:
- Any person may file a complaint against a faculty member, staff, or student with the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3350 Beardshear Hall, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m or by appointment.
- If you decide to file a formal complaint with the Office of Equal Opportunity, you will need to complete an Intake Form in addition to submitting a written, signed complaint. This formal complaint process is explained in more detail in the University's policy. Our staff can also answer questions about the formal complaint process.
- If you wish to file a complaint with an external agency,
- You may seek informal resolution or file a formal complaint. Both procedures are explained in the University's Discrimination and Harassment Policy.
- In addition, there are other university policies that identify and explain complaint resolution procedures in various settings.
- If you would like assistance to discuss your options in more detail, Faculty and Staff may contact one of the OEO Information Advisors, who are specially trained to help you through this process.
- Students may contact Student Assistance in the Dean of Students Office to discuss their options.
- The staff at the Office of Equal Opportunity can explain our policies to you and assist in initiating the complaint resolution process.