- AAU Campus Climate Survey
- Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Title IX
- Sexual Misconduct & Sexual Assault Involving Students
- How to File a Complaint
- Non-discrimination Statement for Printed Materials
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Recruitment Resources
- Training, Learning and Development
- University OEO Bulletin
- Contact Us
Complaint Intake Forms
Formal Complaint Intake Form (please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring to 3410 Beardshear Hall)
Notice Regarding formal Complaints
- Complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and/or sexual misconduct may be addressed through the Office of Equal Opportunity’s (OEO) informal or formal process.
- A professional staff member from OEO will discuss with the Complainant the option of pursuing their complaint through the formal or informal process, and provide the Complainant with the opportunity to ask questions about the respective processes.
- While OEO is committed to respecting a Complainant’s self-selected process (formal or informal), OEO reserves the right to initiate a formal complaint investigation regardless of the Complainant’s selection when it is deemed necessary and appropriate.
- By selecting and filing a formal complaint, the Complainant understands and acknowledges that OEO and the University will undertake a formal investigation of their complaint and allegations.
- The formal investigation process may include, but is not limited to, interviews with the Complainant, the Respondent, and witnesses identified as having information relevant to the report made; the examination of written statements by the parties; and the examination of all other relevant documents and evidence.
- The Complainant understands and acknowledges that during the course of the formal investigation process, the Respondent will be made aware of who filed the complaint and the allegations contained in the complaint.
Informal Complaint Intake Form (please email to email@example.com or bring to 3410 Beardshear Hall)
Notice Regarding Informal Complaints
- The informal complaint resolution process provides an opportunity to give notice of a perceived wrong and to have OEO attempt to informally assist the parties in resolving the situation.
- The informal resolution process may involve one-on-one meetings between OEO staff and the involved parties, coaching sessions, training opportunities, mutually agreed upon restricted contact notices, and/or other mutually agreed upon measures.
- The informal resolution process does not result in formal discipline.
- By selecting and filing an informal complaint, the Complainant understands and acknowledges that OEO and the University are not undertaking a formal investigation of the allegations and are not determining whether university Policy has been violated.
- Participation in the informal complaint resolution process is voluntary, and all involved parties have the option to discontinue the informal process and request a formal investigation. However, if all involved parties accept the terms of an informal resolution agreement, the informal complaint is considered resolved and closed, absent the discovery of significant and previously unknown information or failure to adhere to the terms of the informal agreement.
Other Available Forms:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Form
- Training Request Form
- Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
- Veteran Status Pre-Offer Survey
- Veteran Status Post-Offer Survey
Click here for more forms.