How to Report an Incident
Iowa State University's primary goal is to prevent discrimination and harassment and stop such behavior if it occurs. To that end, Iowa State University has adopted informal and formal processes through which discrimination and harassment complaints can be resolved.
Iowa State University takes all claims of discrimination and harassment seriously. If you feel that you have been discriminated or harassed based on race, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. Veteran, you may report a concern with the Office of Equal Opportunity via the following methods:
- Fill out Incident Form: https://go.iastate.edu/INCIDENTREPORT
- Via phone: 515-294-7612 or Hotline: 515-294-1222
- Via email: email@example.com
- In-person: 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road by appointment Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
If you wish to file a complaint with an external agency:
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights
- You may seek informal resolution or file a formal complaint. Both procedures are explained in the University's Discrimination and Harassment Policy.
- The staff at the Office of Equal Opportunity can explain our policies to you and assist in initiating the resolution process.
- If you would like assistance to discuss your options in more detail, Faculty and Staff may contact one of the EO Council, who are specially trained to help you through this process.
- Students may contact Student Assistance in the Dean of Students Office to discuss their options.
- In addition, there are other university policies that identify and explain conflict resolution procedures in various settings.