Education & Presentations
Online Web-based Training for Sexual Assault Prevention and Harassment and Prevention Discrimination
We offer an online training program designed to strengthen Iowa State University's ongoing efforts to ensure everyone understands and follows our non-discrimination policies and procedures.
- Faculty and Staff are required to take the Harassment and Prevention Discrimination training that relates to their role either as a Supervisor or Non-Supervisor. Both trainings are on each employees' Learn@ISU account. Please take the training that is most appropriate for your role. The other training will sit on your account as incomplete.
- Undergraduate and Graduate Students have the Sexual Assault Prevention training added to their courses in Canvas. They have two parts to complete. Once Part 1 is complete there will be a 21 day intersession before they can start Part 2. They will be notified when Part 2 is available to them.
The courses are interactive and include examples of many challenging and interesting real-life workplace and higher education situations.
Are you interested in having OEO present to your group?
OEO regularly provides presentations on:
- Affirmative Action Planning
- Campus Climate
- Cultural Competence
- Disability Accommodation
- Discrimination and Harassment Overview
- ISU's Discrimination and Harassment Policy
- ISU's Responsible Employee Policy
- ISU's Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Religious Accommodation
- Respect, Civility, and Dialogue
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Title IX
Individual departments who would like to hold a session for your employees or group should fill out the training request form, or contact our office at email@example.com to schedule a session.
Click here for information about Employment Opportunities at Iowa State University.
Illegal Interview Questions
Federal and state laws prohibit employers from asking certain interview questions that are not related to job hiring. Interviewers should not ask questions related to race, color, arrest records, disability or marital status. Click here to access the guide to non-discriminatory interviewing.
Watch Presentation: Illegal Interview Questions.
More resources on interviewing: Successful Interviewing Guide -- Iowa Workforce Development
The Recruitment Services staff assists applicants and departments in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Click here to visit the university’s human resources website for further information.
Step-by-step guidelines and suggestions, including more than 20 short resource pages, including sample forms, and ideas for discussions to have with departmental faculty. This web page contains many of the files that are found on the ISU ADVANCE Resources for Faculty Searches CD. To get copies of the full CD for your department, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Committee Resources